G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nerves & asking for help...

+3
thatfnthing
dragons_lair59
Limey SE
7 posters

Go down

Nerves & asking for help... Empty Nerves & asking for help...

Post by knightfan26917 Thu May 02, 2013 2:24 pm

"We've been hurting one another & now the pain has cut too deep" __ Annie Lennox __ 'Walking On Broken Glass'

Life IS mostly good, but am I the only 1 nerve-wracked?

I'm contemplating whether or not to appeal the disability denial; need to receive more of my medical records & speak with a lawyer...ugh.

I have time for a road trip, but no $$. [Best road trip moments begin when you say "hello"...!]

A couple weeks ago, we had flooding rains 1 day; accumulating snow the next.

Bombing at the Boston Marathon; explosions in TX & OK.

A friend of 20+ years wrote me a scathing note about how bad of a friend/person I am.... Yet, someone I recently met, knowing my affinity towards older cars, suggested I start a niche business. I've contemplated that before (or some sort of road tripping or radio-related endeavor), but not sure ... so many ideas & possibilities with not enough starting $$.

My future looks bleak, but sometimes determination (or something else...) kicks in. But, I need help:

I'm still job-hunting; need 1 with health insurance for obvious reasons. COBRA runs out in ~2 months.

Do you need help social media managing, organizing, reviewing, or researching ... something to get me out of the house a bit? We could barter....

Anyone interested in getting together? Maybe lunch, dinner or both. Maybe with cars, but definitely good company & conversation.

Someone to detail my 1979 Caprice Classic. I need to find energy to detail my 1989 Caprice Classic myself, since I haven't even washed it yet! [The '79 & '81 MCs were detailed with a friend's help last year & probably will not be out in 2013, in an attempt to TRY to keep them.]

& ... something that will NOT take YOUR $$ ... if on facebook, "like" my page, OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS ... please.
https://www.facebook.com/OldCarsStrongHearts

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
*** 3rd GEN MC (1978,1979,1980) FORUM > http://thirdgenmontes.proboards.com/
"I'm moving like lightning through the pouring rain" __ Johnny Lee __ 'Rolling Lonely'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Nerves & asking for help... Empty Re: Nerves & asking for help...

Post by thatfnthing Thu May 02, 2013 2:58 pm

knightfan26917 wrote:I'm contemplating whether or not to appeal the disability denial; need to receive more of my medical records & speak with a lawyer...ugh.

FWIW, my brother does a lot of work with the disabled and the homeless, and he tells me disability claims are almost universally denied the first time. You pretty much have to appeal. Apparently it operates on the squeaky wheel principle.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu May 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Sometimes two or three times apealing before approved and the lawyers for this are good at getting it they know the right hoops to jump through
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Yes they are ALWAYS ALWAYS Denied on the first time Cort which doesn't make sense to me if there is a true need which there is WTF approve and get the LAZY Alcoholics that use it to stay drunk off the system
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu May 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Limey I think they do it cause if ya really need it you will continue the process and not just give up cause they told ya no
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 02, 2013 3:34 pm

dragons_lair59 wrote:Limey I think they do it cause if ya really need it you will continue the process and not just give up cause they told ya no

Still a wasted process and they wonder why ILLINOIS is the Brokest most corrupt state in the 50 Hell even our F***ed up president came from this place I have Dubbed HELLINOIS
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu May 02, 2013 3:39 pm

It is a waste of time to stretch it out but on the plus side when aproved ya get a lump sum for the back pay. But the wait ain't always worth it
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu May 02, 2013 4:11 pm

Limey SE wrote:Still a wasted process and they wonder why ILLINOIS is the Brokest most corrupt state in the 50 Hell even our F***ed up president came from this place I have Dubbed HELLINOIS

I have clients in about half the states, and it amuses me (in a morbid kind of way) that I hear the same statement from every one I visit:

"The only thing more f***ed up than the federal government is the state of <insert your state here>."

And if it helps, NY is known locally as "The Vampire State". Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Yes....... I KNOW ... HAVE to appeal. BUT, ugh.

And, yes, I am in the process ... waiting for the records from my 11/11/2011 open heart surgery to arrive. I have the records from my previous 3 surgeries already. So, once the additional ones arrive, I will contact a lawyer. Still don't think I should be appealing it, though.

Meantime ... I'm just done with this life. Sad

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS = https://www.facebook.com/OldCarsStrongHearts
"I know you can hear me, but I'm not sure you're listening" __ Martina McBride __ 'Whatever You Say'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu May 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey Cort...hang in there man & don't give up the ship!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Cort,keep your chin up ,keep telling yourself,believe yourself that it will all straighten out,dont watch too much news either. But listen to what I am saying put it in your head and believe what you want,it will come. Keep the faith.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri May 10, 2013 8:43 am

Cort, I don't know your whole story and wish I could provide more physical help to you. The best thing that I know you can do in times like this, when all seems to be going in the wrong direction, is pray. I am not sure what your faith is, but I believe that God can do anything and if you pray about a need he will take care of it. If you are looking for some positive information, check out the web page I am working on. There should be no add on the page, but if there is just click out of it. It should be removed today.

http://reachingouttoday.com

I am praying for you!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down