G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD

+6
IndyG3
JB2wheeler
74chick
Jedediah
Biomedtech
Mcarlo77
10 posters

Go down

THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD  Empty THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 pm

you dont wanna pay them bring them home NOW RIGHT NOW.....Please share this everywhere

THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD  208669_122044477872746_100002015828166_147651_7256049_n

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD  Empty Re: THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:30 pm

My new son-in-law has been at basic training (Ft. Benning, GA) the past two months and, of course, my daughter is left behind with the stress of having to balance a very tight budget on top of adjusting to his being away. These politicians in Washington don't have any idea what kind of financial pressures this will put on so many military families who are already struggling to get by while their loved ones are away fighting/training for our country. It's just unthinkable...IMO!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD  Empty Re: THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD

Post by IndyG3 Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:09 pm

It really sucks that they're not getting any pay until the Gov. figures their crap out. Unfortunately, military work is the ultimate form of Gov. grade job, so it's no surprise that they're not getting their pay right now. There needs to be lots of heads pulled out of butts in the next few months to sort this out.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 pm

The one I really feel sorry for is the GI in the picture above! Making a political statement while in uniform is strictly verboten! When this pic makes it back to his command it's gonna cost him dearly(Hopefully it wont)! Sad but true!
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:27 pm

I look at the current military a bit different, but not about the no-pay situation. They enlisted in good faith, and our congress is busy playing the abortion game again, while no one is safe from a no-pay pay day. I know there's republicans on here that wouldn't like my opinions, so I'll just stop here about that part. I don't like politics anyway...

These folks in the military are there because they enlisted, and they are bound to suffer all the crap that comes down from the govt and military leaders.
I was RA in the Korean war, not drafted like most were, so I took on whatever they gave me, just like these guys. But in today's world situation, joining the military is not like it was in my day, and I would never join now like I did back then. This govt is not taking care of our troops very good either. Shame on them.........

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Shame on them is right. They have no idea how to budget a check book. Why dont they look at their pay and what their health care cost that we pay for. Instead they want to cut education and vital health care. Oh and lets not stop sexually transmitted diseases.
You know i been thinkn what we need to do as a country is get some indepence again. If we became the leader in green industries wouldnt we use less from other countries and also create jobs. As a Industrial Electrician I have seen how these large companies operate and if they can get away with it they do it. Raising enviromental stardards here state side and requiring all imports to meet the same requirements would level the field, as well as create jobs. It did when they raised the air quality standards that the mills in my area had to meet a few years ago. Just my thought.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 pm

MSN wrote: BREAKING NEWS: NBC: GOP, Dem leaders say deal reached to avoid government shutdown. Developing...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:25 am

Absolete Bull Sh$t that this should be even a idea! They need apay rise if any thing.
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:10 am

Whatsamatter, youse guys dont know what "scare tatics" are? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:39 am

If anyone cares. Rather than pissing and moaning like a little school girl.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42467884/ns/politics-capitol_hill/?GT1=43001

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:04 am

Right now, this is only going to keep them from shutting down until someime next week. As for "the biggest spending cut in history", at the rate the current Gov.'s going with spending, the cut they have planned is like an alcoholic saying they're cutting back on drinking and going from 30 drinks a day to 29 and 15/16. It's not enough and it's coming too late. This is just another case of the President going for the "biggest" or the "first" or the "greatest" while not giving us the full story. Not that other presidents haven't done that either, but I'm tired of being lied to.

As for the pissing and moaning, this thread hasn't even gotten big enough for people to complain. Start throwing words like that around when this thing has more than one page that doesn't have any truth behind the statements.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:07 am

Politics turns otherwise good people into monsters.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:07 am

and page two here we come I am really sure this is just a band aid on a stuck artery and Indy is right its too little too late

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am

JB2wheeler wrote:Whatsamatter, youse guys dont know what "scare tatics" are? JB

THIS IS GONNA TOUCH SOME NERVES AND IT SHOULD  978692
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:32 am

I agree with 74MonteCarlo about good folks being monsters when involved in politics. When some of my friends make wild statements, I ask where the proof of that is.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down